img

Former Austrian Military Cemetery

Images

ID:
1171
Place
Lviv
Date:
1915-1915
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
9х14 сm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Copyright
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Publisher
Unpublished resources
Description
View of the Austrian military cemetery from Sw. Piotra (now Mechnikova) St. In 1915, when Russian troops left Lviv, a separate military cemetery was laid in the north-eastern part of the Lychakiv cemetery. In the middle of the 520 graves was a monument with emblems of Austrian and German regiments, and the inscription "Dem Andenken der hier ruhenden tapferen Krieger gewidmet" - "Dedicated to the Memory of the Brave Warriors Resting Here." 4,783 soldiers and officers had been interred at the site, including 3,663 Austrians, 510 Germans, 100 Turks, and 600 Poles.
Tags:
Austrian Military Cemetery
Category:
Cemeteries
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon