img

Monuments on Svobody avenue

Images

ID:
3426
Place
Lviv
Date:
1940-1940
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
4x9
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Copyright
Volodymyr Rumyantsev
Publisher
Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Description
In the early December of 1939 a monument to Stalin’s Friendship of Nations was placed on Hetmanski Valy (Hetman’s ramparts) street, on the axis of the main walking alley, not far from the well with the Mother of God statue. It was a figure composition decorated with red flags and the emblems of the Soviet republics. A 20-meter-high obelisk was added to this sculptural composition in the early 1940. On the opinion of Yuriy Biriuliov, an art critic and expert in Lviv sculpture, here again, as it was in the case of the monument to Stalin’s Constitution, the authors of the idea were sculptor Serhiy Lytvynenko and Mykhailo Dmytrenko, an artist from Kyiv; the idea was realized by sculptors Yevhen Dzyndra and Andriy Koverko.
Tags:
Monument to Jan III Sobieski, street, people
Category:
Monuments
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon