The grand opening of General Regional Exhibition took place on June 5 1894. After the mass in Latin cathedral, where all who were involved in the opening as well as the guests were present, the procession went to Stryyskyy park. On the square before the industrial pavilion the opening took place. Among the others, who were present at the opening, were: archdukes Leopold Salwator and Karol Ludwik (the representatives of the main patron of the exhibition, emperor Franz Joseph), ministers count Falkengain, Jaworski and Madejski; commander in chief prince Ludwik Vindischgratz with the generals; regional governor prince Eustachy Sanguszko, all the members of Regional department; exhibition committee presidium headed by prince Adam Sapieha; a number of guests; all the members of Regional Seym; representatives of clergy (all the three archbishops: Seweryn Morawski (Catholic), Sylvestr Sembratovych (Greek Catholic) and Izaak Mikolaj Issakowicz (Armenian Catholic). Also present were the representatives of zemstvo (county council), middle class, higher educational establisments, organizations, all the layers of society and professions. Prince Adam Sapieha delivered a speech in Polish; the member of Regional Department d-r Damian Savchak – in Ukrainian, then Archduke Karl Ludwik greeted everybody. Joined choirs of singing groups, conducted by composer Władysław Zelenski performed a cantata in Polish and Ukrainian, and after that everybody went round the exhibition.
Square, Palace of Arts, pool, visitors of exhibition