Southern facade of the Palace of Arts, facing the first square, formed by the central alley of the Regional Exhibition of 1894. Later the square was called Powystawowy Square and, after 1921, Targow Wschodnich Square. The Palace is an elongated rectangular building, with its middle part raised and side projections crowned by small domes. On the pediment of the building, above the portal there is a sculpture group, personifying Art (by sculptor Julian Markowski). On both sides of the entrance there are sculptures (by sculptor Antoni Popiel), symbolizing Sculpture and Painting. Sculptor Tadeusz Błotnicki made the figures of sphinxes in front of the entrance. In the centre of the square there is a concrete pool with an area of 923 square meters, built by engineer Robert Goebel.
Palace of Arts, pavilions, square, fountain, decorative vase