img

The industrial pavilion

Images

ID:
378
Place
Lviv
Date:
1894-1900
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
102х160 mm
Creator
Edward Trzemeski
Collection
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Copyright
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Publisher
Edward Trzemeski, Lwow
Description

The industrial pavilion with the area of 5 985 m2 was designed by architect Franciszek Skowron (according to the concept of Karol Boublik, who directed the construction). The building was situated in the south east of the General regional exhibition, on the first square, formed by the central alley, in the direction from the main gate into the exhibition. The central element was a dome 32 m high, with a painting by Tadeusz Popiel decorating the pediment. The pavilion occupied the space between the central alley and Sviatoyi Sofii street. It was the biggest and the most important pavilion of the exhibition, presenting the accomplishments of industry in Galicia and directions of its development. Nowadays the building doesn't exist.

Tags:
General Regional Exhibition, square, pool, fountain, greenery
Category:
Exhibitions