The postcard presents a view of the third railway administration building in Lviv at the intersection of Mickiewicz and Zygmuntowska Streets (today, respectively Lystopadovoho Chynu and Hohol St.). The building is an implementation of a project by the Lviv architect Zbigniew Brochwicz-Lewiński, which was completed in 1913-1914 for a project competition. The first building of the Railway Administration was constructed in 1887, following a project by the architect W. Rawski, Sr. in 3, May the 3rd Street (the fronton of this building in what is today Sichovykh Striltsiv St. still exhibits a sculpture of Mercury by Leonardo Marconi). Before that the Railway Administration used rented premises in Charnetskyi St. 26 (now Vynnycheno St.) The second building of the Railway Administration was constructed in 1897 in 5, Krasycki St. (now – Ohiyenko St.; the building presently houses the railway hospital). In 1911-1912 a competition was announced for a Railway Administration building complex, and the winning project was implemented.
Railway Administration Building, park, electric lamp-post, passers-by