img

Monument and Square named after Adam Mickiewicz

Images

ID:
4698
Place
Lviv
Date:
1950-1980
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
Unknown
Creator
A. Ryazantseva
Collection
Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Copyright
Center for Urban History of East Central Europe
Publisher
Ministry of Communications of the USSR
Description
Monument since 1909 is surrounded by stone steps (according to the design of architect Theodore Talowski). From the left to the right is the square itself which transitions into Lehioniv Street (Boulevard Svobody), and electric lanterns. In the background behind the monument stand buildings No. 6 and No. 7 (built in 1906 by the architect Karl Maireder and owned by the director of the ambulance station, Dr. Edward Stroinowski). Also in the background are buildings No. 1-3 on the corner of Lehioniv and Copernicus (the Hausner stone building, built from 1809-1822). Farther in the background is a section of the building of the Credit Union of Landowners (built by the architect Alfred Zachariewicz, 1912-1914).
Category:
Squares
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon