img

Roll Mill, Kramatorsk Steel Works

Images

ID:
5087
Place
Kramatorsk
Date:
1920-1930
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
Unknown
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Museum of the History of Kramatorsk
Copyright
Museum of the History of Kramatorsk
Publisher
Unpublished resources
Description

The machine building, iron and steel foundry and rolling mill plant of the Kramatorsk Metallurgical Society was arranged on the basis of the Wilhelm Fitzner and Konrad Gamper company’s mechanical and boiler plant. On 23 April 1899 the joint stock Kramatorsk Metallurgical Society was created, the machine building profile being supplemented with the metallurgical one. In 1913 the Society’s basic capital was 7.2 million roubles.

Before 1909, 6 steam engines, 75 electric engines and 3 dynamos (with an aggregate power of 7.5 thousand h.p.) functioned at the plant. The workers numbered 1.7 thousand persons; annual production was 7 million roubles. As of 1913, 220 servicemen (including 46 engineers) and 2.8 thousand workers worked at the plant. 265 machines with an aggregate power of 22.1 thousand h.p. and 2 blast furnices functioned there; annual production was 12 million roubles.

The plant’s product range included iron constructions, cranes and lifts, winches, compressors, pumps, steam machines, steel foundry equipment, rolling machines, presses, profiled and wire iron.

On 17 November 1920 the plant was nationalized and renamed as the Kramatorsk State Machine Building and Metallurgical Plant. Now it is the Starokramatorsk Machine Building Plant [http://www.skmz.dn.ua/].

Awards: in 1900 and 1910 the equipment produced by the Kramatorsk plant was awarded with the Grand Prix at an international exhibition in Paris.

Author: Volodymyr Kulikov

Tags:
industrial landscape
Category:
Industrial Complexes
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon