The foundation laying ceremony for the wheel shop at the Lower Dnieper Plant took place in September 1933. The project presumed annual production of 200 000 solid wheels. The shop was designed as the most powerful in the world at the time. A ceremonious meeting took place during the laying of the first cubic meter of concrete. A special slab had been made, on which the plant’s employees cast the date of the start of construction. Almost all of the plant’s employees were involved in the construction of the wheel shop. “Voluntary Sundays” took place every week. The workers were helped by Red Army detachments, university students, and even high school seniors. Today the Lower Dnieper Plant is known as the PJSC “Interpipe Lower Dnieper Pipe Rolling Plant” and is a leading pipe industry enterprise in Ukraine, and one of the foremost industrial objects of the Dnipropetrovsk region. The plant produces seamless steel and electric welded pipes in over 1,200 sizes, and wheels in over 240 sizes. The plant is a monopoly in producing railway wheels and tires in Ukraine.