img

Military Institute

Images

ID:
536
Place
Lviv
Date:
1903-1905
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90x140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Copyright
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Publisher
Ernest Kremer, Lemberg
Description
Southeast view of the Infantry Cadets School in Lviv (photograph taken from the side of the Stryi Road., now Stryiska St.) around November 9, 1903. The building complex of the Cadets School in Lviv was erected on the Vulets’ki hills, at the intersection of Stryiska St. with the newly-laid Kadetska St., now named Hvardiiska St. in late 1898. Construction followed a project by architect Filip Pokutyński, a graduate of the Munich Arts Academy. The Hauptgebäude or main building of the school is to the right. The construction cost comprised 275, 960 florins and 48 crowns. In front of the main building a student park (Zoglingsgarten) can be seen. Behind the main building we can see the living quarters of the staff (Mannschafts-Wohngebäude), which cost 38, 929 florins and 70 crowns. The small one-story building to the left is the Students’ hospital (Zoglingsspital), which cost the Austrian Treasury 20, 486 florins and 82 crowns. Further to the left is a small structure whose function is unknown. It may have been a gardener’s hut.
Mykhailo Slobodianiuk
Tags:
Cadets School, buildings, grounds, wall
Category:
Military Buildings