img

Train Station

Images

ID:
1567
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1901
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90х140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Library of the Institute of Ethnology Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Lviv
Copyright
Biblioteka Instytutu Narodoznawstwa, Lwów
Publisher
Leon König, Czernowitz
Description
The postcard shows the old train station in Chernivtsi, built in 1866 and replaced by a new building in 1909. In 1866 the railway line between Lemberg (Lviv) and Chernivtsi was opened, connecting the Bukowina with the European railway network. In 1869 it was extended to Suczawa (Suceava) in the southern Bukowina, later to Romania. The postcard does not show the front facade of the station but its back, the railway tracks, waggons, a locomitive and depots.
Helmut Kusdat 
Tags:
Czernowitz, Train station, Locomotives, Waggons
Category:
Train stations
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon