img

Lychakiv military cemetery

Images

ID:
1986
Place
Lviv
Date:
1915-1916
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90x140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Copyright
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Publisher
Unpublished resources
Description
From September 3, 1914 until June 22, 1915, Lviv was occupied by Russian troops. To bury the soldiers fallen in the taking of the city, the Foundation of Countess Bobrinskaya, wife of the Russian Governor of Lviv organized a separate cemetery on the hills above the Glowacki Park in 1914-1915 - the so-called Glory Hill. After the retreat of the Russian army, the remains were exhumed and transferred to the Austrian military cemetery, which was laid in 1915 in the north-eastern part of the Lychakiv cemetery.
Tags:
Lychakiv, cemetery, graves
Category:
Cemeteries
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon