img

Outskirts of the City

Images

ID:
2429
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1895-1903
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
80х110 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Copyright
Helmut Kusdat
Publisher
Unpublished resources
Description
The photo shows still undeveloped area with a well and some livestock south of the Roman Catholic Jesuit Church. The church was built in a neo gothic stile between 1891 and 1894 by architect Josef Leizner. Today it houses the regional archives of the Chernivtsi district (Oblast).
Behind the church the priest’s home can be seen, left of it the Truppenspital (Military hospital), the building to its right was turned into the Polizeidirektion (Police headquaters) in 1905. In 1904 the Staatsgymnasium Nr. 2 (Second high school) was built behind the Jesuit Church, which means that the photo has been taken before that year.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Jesuitenkirche, church
Category:
People on streets
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon