img

Fair on Soborna Sq.

Images

ID:
2439
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1900-1910
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
110х150 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Copyright
Helmut Kusdat
Publisher
Unpublished resources
Description
The photo shows the building of the Landesregierung of the Bukowina (Government of the Bukowina) on Austriaplatz (P. Ghica Voda, Soborna pl.) It was built in 1871-73 by the architect Gustav Fritsch in a style typical for Austrian public administration buildings. Today it is used by the university. Austriaplatz is the biggest square in downtown Chernivtsi and was not only a popular market place but also used by circuses and as a fairground.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Landesregierung, Austria Platz
Category:
People on streets
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon