img

School on Katedralna

Images

ID:
2485
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1900-1905
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90х130 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Copyright
Helmut Kusdat
Publisher
Leon König, Czernowitz
Description
In 1863 a Greek Orthodox High School (Oberrealschule) was founded, and in 1870 it moved into a new building at the corner of Siebenbürgerstrasse (Str. Stefan cel Mare, vul. Holovna) and Kathedralgasse (Str. Principele Nicolae, vul. Katedralna) right next to the Orthodox Cathedral.
In the Romanian period the school was called Liceul ortodox de Baeti, today it is the School number 2.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Greek Orthodox High School
Category:
Educational buildings
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon