img

Former House of the Doctor’s Union of the Bukovina

Images

ID:
2528
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1907-1914
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
120х180 mm
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Description
The photo shows the house of the Verein der Ärtzte der Bukowina (House of the Medical Doctor’s Union of the Buovina). It was built in 1907 on the corner of Stefanie Gasse and Dreifaltigkeits Gasse (Gorkiy and Khmelnytzkiy Street) by the architect Robert Fitek in a secessionist style. The facade is decorated with snakes and a big owl, symbolizing medicine.

Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, House of Doctor’s Union
Category:
Private Associations