img

Western Side of Holovna Street

Images

ID:
2580
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1897-1905
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
120х160 mm
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Description
The photo shows a building on the upper western side of the Enzenberg Hauptstrasse (Str. Reg. Ferdinand, today vul. Holovna), on the corner to the Musikvereinsgasse (Str. Porumbescu, vul. Tschaikowskogo), close to the Ringplatz (Piata Unirii, Centrala Pl.). The one-storied house, dating back to the first half of the 19th.c. has shops in the basement, mostly run by jewish shopkeepers. It was torn down around 1905 and replaced by the Post- und Telegraphenamt (Telegraph office).
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Hauptstrasse, People, Shops
Category:
Buildings