img

Pavilion of tram stop on Mechnikova street

Images

ID:
3644
Place
Lviv
Date:
1955-1960
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
10x15 cm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Yuriy Zaverbnyj
Copyright
Juriy Zaverbnyj
Publisher
Unknown
Description
The image shows a typical metal structure of a tram station pavilion, in this case by the main entrance to the Lychakiv cemetery from Mechnikova St. Pavilions of this sort first appeared in the city before the First World War - first at the central station by the Viennese Coffeehouse, later at almost all tram stops and end stops throughout the city. After the Second World War, the tram lines were substantially extended, while new pavilions were not being made. Thus, as tram routes changed, with new ones being built and old ones liquidated, the number of pavilions gradually decreased. The last ones were gone in the 1970s.

Iryna Kotlobulatova
Tags:
Street, cemetery, tram line, stop, pavilion, people, paving
Category:
Architectural details
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon