img

Former Celecki Palace

Images

ID:
380
Place
Lviv
Date:
1867-1870
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
10х14 cm
Creator
Josef Eder
Collection
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Copyright
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Publisher
Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Description

The photograph presents a view of the former Celecki Palace on the Zhovkva turnpike, where Leib Bacheles (Baczewski) settled and situated his famous spirits and liquors factory. The factory is known to have been founded in 1782, however it is not known whether a department already functioned in Lviv at this time, or only in the village of Vybranivtsi, where the factory started. The building of the old Palace was not preserved, nor were the frescoes and marble that decorated it. In 1908 architect Władysław Sadłowski reconstructed the palace and rebuilt the factory's main gate. In the afterwar years a diamond tools factory was situated here, which explains the final change in the appearance of the factory administration building and adjacent factory lands.

Tags:
Buildings of the Baczewski Factory, workers, fence
Category:
Buildings