The Central Train Station in Lviv was constructed in 1899-1904. The building was constructed at the site of the original Lviv Station (1861) by the Ivan Levynskyi construction company, following a project by Prof. Władysław Sadłowski. The project was finished as far back as 1890, based on the information and specifications provided by Ludwik Wierzbicki, head of the railway and author of the project of the original train station. The photograph may have been taken before 1904, as only one section of the covering was photographed. The double-section covering of steel and glass was constructed at the Czech metallurgical factory of Vitkovice, following the project by Sadłowski and engineer Zełeniewski. The photograph was taken from the southern side of the station.