The Lychakiv train station was built in 1906 up on a hill before the Lychakiv turnpike at the altitude of 348 meters (approx. 1140 ft.) above sea level. This station took travelers in the direction of Vynnyky, Berezhany and Pidhaitsi. Lviv residents usually used this branch on weekends and in the summer. Only part of the railway track functioned in Soviet times with the trains taking passengers to the Komsomolske lake (former Mariivka).