The Main Train Station in Lviv was constructed in 1899-1904 on the site of the original Lviv Station (1861) by the Ivan Levynskyi construction company, following a project by Professor Władysław Sadłowski. The project had been completed in 1890 on the basis of information and specifications presented by Ludwik Wierzbicki. The photograph presents a view of the covering over the platforms of the Central Train Station in Lviv. It may have been taken before construction of the train station was completed in 1904, as only one section of the covering was photographed. The interesting construction of the double-section covering of steel and glass was performed at the Czech metallurgical factory of Vitkovice, following the project by Professor Władysław Sadłowski and engineer Zełeniewski.
The Main Train Station, platform, platform covering