The "Polish Eaglets Cemetery" Military Memorial Complex between the Lychakiv Cemetery and the Pohulianka was built in 1921-1939. Buried here were participants of the Polish-Ukrainian war of 1918-1919, as well as defenders of Lviv during the advance of the Red Army in 1920. In the postwar period the memorial was partially demolished, and was only renewed after 1991. Seen in the photograph is the monument to the Unknown Soldier, and the collonade, which was destroyed in the Soviet period and not rebuilt to this day. In the background is the rotunda/chapel.