"The photograph shows the first wheel produced at the Lower Dnieper Pipe Plant. The wheel shop of the Lower Dnieper Plant was put into operation in 1935. On this occasion, the plant’s newspaper, “The Bolshevik,” wrote: «To this day the railways use composite wheels with separate tires. The solid wheel shop currently under construction in our plant is the first wheel shop of the Soviet Union. In terms of production capacity, it is set to become the most powerful shop worldwide. It will produce 100 000 tons of wheels annually. All of the labor-intensive operations with furnaces, presses and the rolling mill in the shop are highly mechanized; thus the hard labor of the workers has been replace with machine work. For this reason, at full capacity, the shop’s workforce for all three shifts will not exceed 100 people.” Today the enterprise is known as “Interpipe Lower Dnieper Pipe Rolling Plant."