- Photograph (printed on paper)
- Size of the resource:
- 10x15 cm
- Witold Schreiber
- Yuriy Zaverbnyj
- Juriy Zaverbnyj
- Unpublished resources
During the several days between the retreat of Austrian forces from Lviv and before the Russian armies entered the city, the Austrian Red Cross opened six hospital pavilions and several reserve ones. Possibly, this was done so quickly in order to leave all the clinics of the general hospital in their control, outfitted with the latest equipment and not to allow settlement of Russian military hospitals in these medical establishments. In the picture- an operation in Red Cross Reserve Hospital No. 9 in 1916, Solodova st, 6, Lviv. To the left of the operating table doctor Zenon Len’ko, bright polish urologist, who, during the war stayed in the city and carried out his responsibilities in the Red Cross hospital.
Beginning in 1895, this building was occupied by the congregation of the Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Their congregation was formed in 1894 in Krakow by the canonist of the Krakow cathedral, bishop Pelczar, professor at JagellonianUniversity.
Doctor Zenon Len’ko, urinologist by specialization, underwent all his studies in the branch of health protection- from laboratory assistant to doctor’s assistant to doctor at the GeneralHospital in Lviv (now the medical university). On top of this, doctor Len’ko, “father” of Polish urinology, was the one to create a specialized section for urological diseases and also taught a whole row of specialists of high qualifications.
- Hospital, operational room, doctors, soldiers