- Size of the resource:
- 90х140 mm
- Library of the Institute of Ethnology Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Lviv
- Biblioteka Instytutu Narodoznawstwa, Lwów
- Jacób Müller's Bookstore, Buchach
A view of the central part of the city with the City Hall of 1751, built in the center of the market square in the late Baroque style according to the project by Bernard Meretyn. The outstanding sculptor Johann George Pinzel, who worked with B. Meretyn, made the sculptures of stone and bas-reliefs on the façade. Originally the façade was decorated by 14 sculptures depicting the heroic deeds of Heracles. Some of them were destroyed by the fire of 29 July 1865. Until 1847 a clock was located on the upper level of the four-faceted tower. The City Hall was finished off with a cupola with a lantern and a weathervane that were destroyed in the fire of 1865. The cupola was covered by tinplates and painted red. After the fire of 1865 the City Hall was reconstructed at the expense of the citizens of Buchach. In the foreground one can see the building of the Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady, a former parish cathedral built in 1761-1763 at the foot of the Castle Mountain by an unknown architect at the expense of Mikolaj Potocki. The background is made up by the city’s suburbs.
- Panorama of the center of the city of Buchach from Castle Mountain, the Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady, City Hall and part of the slope