img

Police Headquaters

Images

ID:
2415
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1905-1914
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90х140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Copyright
Helmut Kusdat
Publisher
Moritz Gottlieb, Czernowitz
Description
It was only during the term of office of the Landespräsident (Govenor) Oktavian von Bleyleben (1904-1911) that Chernivtsi got its own federal police force. Until then the agenda of the police was taken care of by the municipality of Chernivtsi. In 1905 the new headquaters of the police was finished on Ferdinandsplatz (P. Decebal, vul. Shevchenka) opposite of the Jesuit Church. In the time between the wars it was used by the Romanian Police and after the Second World War the Soviet KGB.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Ferdinandsplatz, police
Category:
Administrative Buildings