img

View of General hospital

Images

ID:
2444
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1890-1905
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
100х140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Copyright
Helmut Kusdat
Publisher
Romuald Schally, Czernowitz
Description
The photo shows the Landesspital, the largest General hospital in Chernivtsi. It was finished in 1886 and located in Siebenbürger Strasse (Str. Transilvaniei, vul. Holovna) opposite of the Volksgarten public gardens. It consists of a complex of buildings, here seen from the south.
The first general hospital existed already in 1788. By 1910, Chernivtsi had full set of medical institutions, including a children’s clinic, eye-hospital and a mental home.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Hospital
Category:
Hospitals & Sanatoria
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon