The postcard shows the Rathausstrasse (Str. Regina Maria, vul. Holovna ) as seen from the junction with Siebenbürgerstrasse (Str. Stefan cel Mare, vul. Holovna).
In the distance the tower of the Town Hall can be seen.
The building to the left with the iron balcony is the Hotel Metropol.
After 1926 it was raised by two stories and renamed Hotel Palace.
The hotel was one of the best in town until the Second World War. After the War the Hotel was renamed “Kiev” and got back its traditional name “Palace” only in 2008.
The tracks of the tramway line number one can be seen, circulating between the river Pruth and the Volksgarten railway station. Helmut Kusdat