img

View on Lesi Ukrainky Street

Images

ID:
2474
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1935-1944
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
100х80 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Copyright
Helmut Kusdat
Publisher
Unknown
Description
This photo shows the Althgasse (Str. Cuza Voda, vul. Vul. Lesi Ukrainky). In the distance the residence of the Greek Orthodox Bishop can be seen. The large building in the center of the photo was built for the university in 1935 by the Architect Jakob Jelinek on a plot of land which used to be an old cemetary. Today it is home of the Faculties for Chemistry and Biology.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Cernăuţi, Althgasse, University
Category:
Streets