img

Grocery Shop

Images

ID:
2495
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1918-1939
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
120х170 mm
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Description
The photo shows the grocery of A. Ippen, founded by Israel Ippen in 1894. Most likely it was located in Springbrunnengasse (Str. Creanga, vul. Sagaidatschnoho), in the lower and older part of Chernivtsi. This poor neighbourhood was predominanly inhabited by Jews. The sign for grocery is written in Romanian (Bacanie) and not in German (Greislerei), indicating that the photo was taken in the time between the wars.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Cernăuţi, Shop, People
Category:
Shops
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon