The Verein zur Förderung der Tonkunst in der Bukowina (Assatiation for the Promotion of Music) had a new concert hall built on the Rudolfsplatz, then still known as Mehlplatz (Flour square) in 1877. The building was called Musikvereinsgebäude (as shown on the photo), or short: Musiverein. Its architects were Emil von Regius and Alois Burlitz.
The acoustics of the hall was praised, among others by the pianist Arthur Rubinstein who performed in Chernivtsi in 1910.
After the Stadttheater (City Theatre) was violently taken over by a Romanian administration in 1922, the Musikverein was also used for theatre performances in German language.
Today the building is home to the Chernivtsi Philharmonic Orchestra.
In the background the tower of the Catholic Church can be seen.