The photo shows the old train station in Chernivtsi, built in 1866 and closed in 1909. In 1866 the railway line between Lemberg (Lviv) and Chernivtsi was opened, connecting the Bukowina with the European railway network. In 1869 it was extended to Suczawa (Suceava) in the southern Bukowina, later to Iasi in Romania. There was also a network of local railway lines. The photo shows the station from a southern perspective: its front facade and the south-eastern facade. The street has not been paved with stones yet.
The building seems to be in quite a bad state of preservation. Most likely the photo was taken right before it was demolished around 1910.
An identical train station was built and can still be found in Itzkany next to Suczawa (Suceava) the Southern Bukowna, now Romania.