img

Building of the Air Force General Headquarters Western Strategic Command

Images

ID:
357
Place
Lviv
Date:
1860-1870
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
10х14 cm
Creator
Josef Eder
Collection
Lviv Historical Museum
Copyright
Lviv Historical Museum
Publisher
Publishing House "Centr Europy", Lviv
Description

The photograph shows the Dzieduszycki palace on Kurkova (now: Lysenka) Street No. 15-17, built in the second half of the 19th century. Building no. 15 contained the private but publicly accessible gallery. The collection of approximately 800 canvases consisted of two parts: West European art (paintings by Rubens, Van Dyck, Jordans) and Polish art (Matejko, Kossak, Grottger and others). The graphic collection consisted of about 3000 pieces; the park displayed old portals from the 17th to 18th century. Building no. 17 contained 50,000 books from the Dzieduszycki family collection, which were brought from their village Poturzyca near Sokal in 1857 (old books, letters, family archive). For a short period in its history the building housed the private collection of Wł. Dzieduszycki (1825-1899), which was to become the basis for the Natural History Museum.

Tags:
Dzieduszycki Palace, Kurkowa str.
Category:
Buildings
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon