The Trade and Industry Chamber was created in 1850 to protect the trade and industrial interests of the enterpreneurs of Lviv and 34 counties., For almost fifty years it occupied premises in the building of the city council, however in the late nineteenth century the institution was moved to the Besiadecki Palace in 10 Halytska Sq. In 1907-1910 a separate building was constructed for the Trade and Industry Chamber in 17 Akademichna/Akademicka St. (now Shevchenko boulevard). The project was elaborated and implemented by one of the best architects in Lviv at the time, Alfred Zakharevych, with participation of Tadeusz Obmiński. Famous artists, such as Karol Fricz, Feliks Wygrzywalski, and Zygmunt Kurczyński were commissioned to decorate the building. In Soviet times the building housed the City Committee of the Communist Party and the central lectorium. In the 1990s the building became home to the Lviv Regional State Attorney's Office.