The Main Train Station in Lviv, constructed in 1904, presented a striking example of a synthesis of architecture with all directions in art and newest technological achievements. The Train Station was constructed by the Ivan Levynskyi construction company based on the project by architect Władysław Sadłowski. The finest artists of Lviv, including architects, sculptors and painters, cooperated with Levynskyi. The photograph presents a view of the interior of the dining hall for first- and second-class passengers. The interior and all decorative elements of the hall were built according to the project of Alfred Zacharewicz. The official opening of the train station took place in March 1904, however the date on the postmark (1902) indicates that the interiors were thoroughly planned and executed long before the official opening.
Dining hall, furniture, chandeliers, decorative elements