The out of town Cathedral of St. Michael the Archangel and Carmelites Monastery were built in 1634 under the leadership of the architect Jan Pokorowicz. The tower in the photograph was constructed in 1835 after the project of the architect Aloiz Wondraszka. During restoration in the early twentieth century a second tower was added. Under the hill, a row of hansoms can be seen – this was one of the officially approved passenger hansom stations.
St. Michael Carmelites Cathedral, Charnetskyi St., horse-drawn carriages