img

Nativity of the Virgin Mary Church

Images

ID:
1050
Place
Shchyrets
Date:
1920-1934
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90х140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Copyright
Andriy Kryzhanivskyy
Publisher
Unknown
Description

For the reconstruction of the Shchyrets church of The Nativity of the Virgin Mary in the 1920-1930s, donations were gathered, which was a traditional way of collecting charitable donations. Upon recognition of any donation, of any sum, the donator received a postcard with views of Shchyrets (in this case The Nativity of the Virgin Mary Church) and the text “For the reconstruction of the church”. The Nativity of the Virgin Mary Church in the 16th century was built on a hill, where, the city was possibly located in the 12th century. After a number of Tatar attacks the Nativity of the Virgin Mary Church was rebuilt only in 1662, and acquired its current appearance in 1892.
Andriy Kryzhanivskyy

Tags:
Church
Category:
Greek-Catholic Churches
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon