img

Volksgarten Railway Station

Images

ID:
1600
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1900-1904
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90х140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Library of the Institute of Ethnology Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Lviv
Copyright
Biblioteka Instytutu Narodoznawstwa, Lwów
Publisher
Leon König, Czernowitz
Description
In 1866 the railway line from Lviv (Lemberg), the capital of Galizien, to Chernivtsi was opened and extended to Suczawa in 1869. Then a small station was built in the southern suburbs of the city, close to the Volksgarten (People’s park) after which it was named. Later it also became one of the final stops of the tramway number 1. The building was severely damaged during the First World War.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Railway Station, Volksgarten
Category:
Train stations
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon