img

Andrej Sheptytsky Street

Images

ID:
1601
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1900-1904
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90х140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Library of the Institute of Ethnology Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Lviv
Copyright
Biblioteka Instytutu Narodoznawstwa, Lwów
Publisher
Simon Gross, Czernowitz
Description
The postcard shows a part of the Landhausgasse, a street leading eastwards from the Hauptstrasse (main street) to the Russische Gasse. The street to the right is Fialagasse, the one to the left Türkische Gasse. The building on its corner used to be a grammar school for girls in Austrian times and is the Romanian School since 1991. The street got its name from the Landhaus, the parliament of the Bukowina which was situated a little closer to the Haupstrasse. Today the street is named after the Metropolitan of the Greek-catholic church Andrej Sheptytsky.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Landhausgasse, School
Category:
Streets
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon