img

View of State Archive of Lviv Oblast

Images

ID:
1613
Place
Lviv
Date:
1920-1939
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
22х16 сm
Creator
Adam Lenkiewicz
Collection
Lviv Historical Museum
Copyright
Lviv Historical Museum
Publisher
Unpublished resources
Description

In this picture – a sufficient archaic view of the Royal Arsenal. In 1639-1646, in preparing for war with Turkey, King Wladyslaw IV built an ammunition depot – a Royal Arsenal (Armarium militari), the builder of which was a distinguished engineer-fortificator, General of the Royal artillery, Pawel Grodzicki. During Austrian rule the arsenal was used as a repair shop and as the warehouse for h.m. artillery. In the postwar period the Government archives of the Lviv oblast were placed on the premises of the former arsenal.

Tags:
Royal Arsenal
Category:
Military Buildings
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon