img

Regional Сouncil of the Chernivtsi Oblast

Images

ID:
2478
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1906-1910
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90х140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Copyright
Helmut Kusdat
Publisher
Unknown
Description
The postcard shows the Justizpalais (Palace of Justice), built on what was then part of the Theatre Square (or Fish square) in 1906. Only in 1910, when the chamber of commerce was built next to it, where the postcard shows the horse carriages parked, the Palace of Justice lost its connection to the Theatre Square. The street in front of it was then named Hohenlohegasse, after the Austrian Governor (“Landespräsident”) of 1903/04. The Palace of Justice was seat of the highest court in the Bukowina. Today it houses the regional council and administration of the Chernivtsi oblast.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Palace of Justice, Fish square
Category:
Administrative Buildings
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon