The postcard shows the view from the Ringplatz (Central square) into the Herrengasse (Strada Jancu Flondor), the most fancy boulevard of the city, today named after the Ukrainian poet Olga Kobylianska. The building to the left still dates back to the first half of the 19th c. when a ‘first generation’ of stone houses was built in the Ringplatz (Central square). Only in the 1930s, when the whole building was taken over by a bank, it was raised by one storey. Today it houses the local office of the Ukrainian National Bank. The building with the little tower next to it was built in 1898 and called house Zu den drei Kronen, after one of the first hotels situated on that site in 1786. It housed one of the most fancy Cafes, called Cafe Habsburg in the Austrian era and Cafe Grand in Romanian times. The house on the other side of the Herrengasse was the Hotel and restaurant Belle Vue, before the Banca de Est moved in in the Romanian period. The corner building to be seen in the Herrengasse was home to another fancy coffee house, the Cafe de l’Europe.