Greek-Catholic Church of the Holy Paraskeva on the corner of Enzenberg Hauptstrasse and Hormuzakigasse (at the time Strada Regele Ferdinand and Strada Hurmuzachi, today Main Street and Zankovetska). It was the first orthodox Church in Chernivtsi built of stone from 1844 to 1862 on the place of a former wooden church. Architekt Adam Pawlikowski. The church played an important role in the cultural and national awakening of the Ukrainians in Chernivtsi. Turned into a chess club during the Soviet period, it nowadays belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchy.
The photo does not show any streetcar tracks yet which have been built on the Hauptstrasse (vul. Holovna) in 1896.
The dome in the background belongs to the big Jewish Temple.