img

Street Bridge

Images

ID:
2562
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1909-1914
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
120x170 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Copyright
Helmut Kusdat
Publisher
Unknown
Description
The photo shows the bridge for pedestrians and individual transportation across the river Pruth in Chernivtsi. The first wooden bridge across the Pruth was built in 1835, replaced by a construction of stone and iron in 1871. It was rebuilt in 1909. During the First World War Chernivtsi was occupied by Russia three times. Many buildings including the bridge were damaged or destroyed. Most likely it was blown up by the retreating Austrian army in 1914.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Czernowitz, Pruth, Bridge
Category:
Technical artifacts
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon