img

Buildings on Ivan Franko Street

Images

ID:
2581
Place
Chernivtsi
Date:
1918-1939
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
120х170 mm
Collection
Helmut Kusdat
Description
The photo shows a section of the Liliengasse (Str. Brancoveanu, vul. Ivana Franka) leading down to the Ringplatz (Piata Unirii, Centrala Pl.)
The building to the left stands on the corner to Mickiewicz Gasse and used to be the Landesmuseum (Regional museum). It now belongs to a bank. The lower building further down the street is the Erstes Staatsgymnasium, the oldest secondary school in the Bukovina, founded in 1808. Next to it the Sparkasse (Savings Bank) and the houses on the western side of the Ringplatz.
Helmut Kusdat
Tags:
Cernăuţi, street,
Category:
Streets