img

Specialists from Germany at the plant building site

Images

ID:
5190
Place
Kramatorsk
Date:
1898-1898
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
Unknown
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Museum of the History of Starokramatorsky Machine Building Plant
Copyright
Museum of the History of Starokramatorsky Machine Building Plant
Publisher
Unpublished resources
Description

The Kramatorsk Metallurgical Society plant was one of the biggest metallurgical and machine building plants of the Russian Empire in the early 20th century. Built by the Wilhelm Fitzner and Konrad Gamper company in 1899, the plant became the Kramatorsk Metallurgical Society joint stock company in the same year. The equipment produced by the Kramatorsk plant was twice, in 1900 and 1910, awarded with the Grand Prix at an international exhibition in Paris.

The Society supplied the palaces of the Russian Emperor and members of his family, as well as the state institutions’ buildings, with boilers. It also was a supplier for the biggest industrial enterprises of the Russian Empire.

On 17 November 1920 the plant was nationalized and renamed as the Kramatorsk State Machine Building and Metallurgical Plant. Now it is the Starokramatorsk Machine Building Plant. http://www.skmz.dn.ua/

Author: Volodymyr Kulikov

Tags:
industrial landscape
Category:
Industrial Complexes