img

A panorama of the Kramatorsk railway station and the Kramatorsk Metallurgical Society plant

Images

ID:
5191
Place
Kramatorsk
Date:
1900-1917
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
Unknown
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Museum of the History of Starokramatorsky Machine Building Plant
Copyright
Museum of the History of Starokramatorsky Machine Building Plant
Publisher
Unknown
Description

The town of Kramatorsk (Kramatorska, Kramatorovka, Kramatorske) emerged close to the Kramatorska railway station of the Kursk-Kharkiv-Azov railway near the Kazenny Torets river (Izium district, Kharkiv province). Kramatorska became a junction goods and passenger station of this railway. Then a settlement with the same name began to develop around the station.

In the early 20th century the population of Kramatorska numbered over 12 thousand people. There were a plant hospital, two schools and a trade school there. As of that time, there also were a pharmacy (1897), a telegraph office (1898), an international telephone station (1909), and a cinema (1913) in the town. In 1912 the Kramatorsk Sports Society was founded, a stadium was built and a football team was organized.

[http://www.skmz.dn.ua/]

Author: Volodymyr Kulikov

Tags:
industrial landscape
Category:
Train stations
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon