img

Photo collage. Lower Dnieper Pipe Rolling Plant

Images

ID:
5249
Place
Dnipro
Date:
1934-1934
Technique:
Photograph (printed on paper)
Size of the resource:
17,2х12,5 cm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Interpipe NTRP History Museum
Copyright
Interpipe NTRP History Museum
Publisher
Unpublished resources
Description
Collage of portraits and photographs of the rooms of the Karl Liebknecht State Steel Mill in Katerynoslav (now PJSC "Interpipe Lower Dnieper Pipe Rolling Plant"). The plant originated in the late nineteenth century, as a result of the merger of the Charles and Gustave Chodoir company, and Bernard Hantke's nailery. After a significant drop in production levels in 1917-1920, the plant began to bounce back. Equipment was modernized in 1925, an open-hearth department was launched in 1931, and in 1932 the old pipes department was the first one in the USSR to start making drill pipes. In 1933 construction began of the rail transport solid wheel department, which boasted the biggest output in the world at the time. Open hearth No. 4 was launched in 1934. As of 1933, 7020 workers, 460 engineering and tech-support, and 342 officials were employed at the plant. Nationally, today the plant is one of the largest producers of steel pipes of various functions, rail wheels, tires, and large-scale circular products.
Tags:
industrialization
Category:
Industrial Complexes
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon