img

Military Institute

Images

ID:
534
Place
Lviv
Date:
1900-1902
Technique:
Postcard
Size of the resource:
90x140 mm
Creator
Unknown
Collection
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Copyright
Ihor Kotlobulatov
Publisher
Izrael Regenbogen, Lwow
Description

The Cadets School building complex in Lviv was constructed on the Vuletski Hills, at the intersection of Stryiska and newly-laid Kadetska (Cadet, today known as Hvardiiska or Guard) Streets in late 1898, based on a project by architect Filip Pokutyński, a graduate of the Munich Arts Academy. The photograph presents a rear view of the central wing of the main building. A special frame between the second and third floors holds the German inscription Hauptgebäude (main building).
Mykhailo Slobodianiuk

Tags:
Cadets School, main building, rear view, clock, trees
Category:
Military Buildings
facebook icon twitter icon email icon telegram icon link icon whatsapp icon